"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all of the miseries of life." W. Somerset Maugham

Friday, January 9, 2009

Veils Of Time (Story Collection)


And the Groom Wore Tulle (Lynn Kurland)

A Scottish nobleman drifts off to sleep in a fourteenth-century dungeon, only to awaken in a twentieth-century Manhattan bridal salon, and the arms of a beautiful designer.

This book was also in Love Came Just In Time. I enjoyed the story of Ian, a medieval Scottish warrior and fabled lover, who finds he's spoiled one virgin too many and winds up in the dungeon of his worst enemy. Thinking he is going to die, he wishes he could have found the way to the future and his cousin and ends up finding the one woman he can be faithful to.

I love how Jane isnt some drop-dead-gorgeous-model-type yet she's the one that gets the guy.


The Con and the Crusader (Maggie Shayne)

Fleeing thugs, con man Jack McCain jumps into a well - and into the past. Mistaken for a criminal, he's headed for prison, until he's freed - with a wedding proposal. The widow Hawkins marries him to get help for her farm, but the attraction between them makes Jack wish he'd never escape this sweet captivity.

I personally felt the story was too short but that just tells you how much I liked it.


A Bride Most Common (Angie Ray)

A time machine hurtled Lucy Taylor back in time to Regency England - and into the middle of a wedding to a dashing gentleman. Could she change history to save her future, without falling in love with her handsome new husband?

Very sweet story!


Conyn's Bride (Ingrid Weaver)

On the evening of her wedding, museum curator Alanna Moore is cataloguing antiquities, when suddenly a Celtic warrior appears - claiming to be her long-lost betrothed.

I fell hard for Conyn in this one! He's just so cute and patient.

No comments: