
These four extraordinary and renowned authors come together with stories of epic romance that live through the ages...of the beguiling and transforming power of beauty...of a woman awakening to the magic she possesses...of a world where human women pursue the love of angels...and of a medieval legend who comes thrillingly to life. Four stories to delight and enchant. Four rare talents destined to weave a web of magic that will leave you breathless...
Patricia McKillip's story of The Gorgon In The Cupboard was a bit too wierd for my tastes. I liked the idea that the artist finally realises that everything isnt always as it appears but could have done without the talking painting. Lynn Kurland's The Tale Of The Two Swords was very enjoyable. I think she should make this story into a full novel because I want to know more of what happens.
Sharon Shinn's Fallen Angel is definitely different from anything I've ever read. I'm not sure if I liked it or not. It is difficult to wrap my mind around this different world of angels living among us as just another race but I did like the characters.
An Elegy For Melusine, by Claire Delacroix, broke my heart. I hated the ending but liked the story up to then. I have heard a different version of this same story somewhere else.
No comments:
Post a Comment