"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all of the miseries of life." W. Somerset Maugham

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dark Lover (J.R. Ward)

The only purebred vampire left on the planet, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But when one of his most trusted fighters is killed--orphaning a half-breed daughter unaware of her heritage or her fate--Wrath must usher the beautiful female into the world of the undead...
Racked by a restlessness in her body that wasnt there before, Beth Randall is helpless agains the dangerously sexy man who comes to her at night with shadows in his eyes. His tales of brotherhood and blood frighten her but his touch ignites a dawning hunger that threatens to consume them both.
It's a definite thumbs down for this one from me.
I have heard tons of rave reviews about this series, The Black Dagger Brotherhood. I liked the author's style of writing. The idea of the brotherhood was good and I am curious as to what happens with some of the other "brothers" but I dont know if I want to wade through all the sex to find the little bit of plot that she throws in.

No comments: