"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all of the miseries of life." W. Somerset Maugham

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Calamity Jayne Series by Kathleen Bacus

Calamity Jayne
Tressa Jayne Turner has had it up to here with the never ending string of dumb-blonde jokes and her longtime nickname that's harder to get rid of than lint from a belly button. Crowned "Calamity Jayne" by Iowa Department of Natural Resources officer Rick Townsend, Tressa's out to gain a little hometown respect - or die trying. Unfortunately for Tressa, that may be the case. She's just been handed the perfect opportunity to get "Ranger Rick," the doubting Don Juan of the DNR, and a skeptical citizenry to finally take her seriously. How? By solving a murder no one else believes happened...No one, that is, except the killer.

I was constantly cracking up reading this one. I cant believe how many interesting situations this girl gets herself into. I highly recommend anyone who wants a good laugh to pick this one up.
Calamity Jayne Rides Again
Two months ago, 23- year-old Tressa Jayne Turner knew just where she stood with "Ranger Rick" Townsend. Sure, her older brother's friend is what you'd call hott with two t's, but he's also responsible for her nickname, "Calamity Jayne," and their sparring since high school makes the Hatfields and the McCoys look like kissing cousins. And ever since they solved that murder last summer -- ever since Rick saved her cookies, he's acted as if he has a god-given right to sample them.
Of course, Tressa has bigger frenches to fry. The Iowa State Fair is about to start; and as well as being her favorite time of year -- donuts, funnel cakes, cotton candy, turkey legs!-- it's also her Uncle Frank's busiest. His ice cream stand is in a prime location, and he's poised to scoop the competition. So when a soft-serve saboteur appears at the same time her cousin goes missing, it's another fine sticky mess - worse than a King Kone with a hole.

Tressa is definitely back in her full glory. Loved this one too!

(Still to come)
Ghouls Just Want To Have Fun

Calamity Jayne Goes To College
Calamity Jayne Heads West

3 comments:

dlkenney said...

did you get these from the library or do you own them? I would like to read them.

Brat said...

They're library books. My library doesnt carry the next one so I have to go to the Hunter one. That's why I havent read the rest yet.

Brat said...

I own them now!