"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all of the miseries of life." W. Somerset Maugham

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Host


I was nervous to read this one because I loved the twilight series and didnt want to be disappointed with The Host. I tried not to have too high of expectations but I'm only human.Ü
I'm happy to announce that it is a great book. I couldnt put it down (not that I ever can put down a book I havent read before).
I'm not a big fan of alien things but this didnt have the same feel as most of your sci-fi stuff. And those of you who are suckers for a love story (that's me) this has a good, strange triangle going on so you wont be disappointed.
(previously posted on brat's blog)

2 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

I think I need to read this. I was leery until I heard from quite a few people that it was really good. I can't wait for the new Twilight book to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!

dlkenney said...

okay, I finally read this book and you can take it now Jerry. I really enjoyed it. I had a hard time getting into it, until I got to about the 7th chapter, but then I couldn't put it down. It ended how I wanted it to end and I even became teary eyed in parts. Definately recommend it.